Thursday, February 4, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog?

I'm sitting here this morning contemplating whether I should keep this blog going. It seems that I do pretty good for awhile and then life happens. When it does, I get so behind that it is hard to get back to it. I don't think that I have anything extraordinary to share or post, but my college girls who live away from home like to check in and see what "Mom" has posted and what the family has been doing while they are away. So, I think I owe it to them to post today. They have been commenting to me that it is about time I put something new on the blog.

It has been great fun to keep up with Macy's happening in London as she is there for BYU Study Abroad right now. I know how much I love reading her posts and seeing her photos of the people she is "loving", places she is seeing, things she is eating, feelings she is having, etc. So, look in on her if you want as her link is to the right on my blog.

Kylie is enjoying teaching elementary ballroom at a school in Orem, Utah. Her kids got a Gold rating at their recent competition and she said there were very few given out that day, as it is the highest award they give. So, it was so fun to see that Anne Marie had included a few photos of attending that competition to see Kylie's kids in her blog (link to the right).

So, I guess all in all, it is pretty fun being a part of the blogging world. Even if I do get behind and mostly just check in with other family and friend's blogs. Bless their hearts for staying current and not being like me....either in a state of blog-a-ria or the opposite (if you know what I mean). Life...funny how that works out!

Kristy

9 comments:

Kristy said...

That was a "Blog-er-iffic" post Kristy. Way to stay with it! Brad

vocalise said...

Just be you. I would say that Falke's know how to have fun! How's that for a blogging theme? Maybe you are looking for some kind of "reason" or "theme" or "posting purpose" like idea that would make it
uniquely "yours." Not necessary...but a 'girl thing' none-the-less. Why not show the rest of us how to have fun...and keep us updated with the people we love (you) at the same time??? You could still be serious when you felt like it and share other thoughts. I'm just wondering if you are feeling like you need an idea to grab on to and run with?

vocalise said...

P.S. I don't think anyone should feel any "blogging pressure." Once a day, once a week, once every whatever! Whatever suits you! Amen.

~*Alina*~ said...

i lik to know what you're up to!

Denise said...

Even though I see you often, I like checking in with your blog to see what else is happening. But no pressure!

Teresa said...

I say keep it going....it wonderful for the kids to be able to check in once in awhile....and it makes for a great way to journal about life. Your grandkids will love it someday.
Each year I slurp all my "blog post" into a file using blurb books on line.
You have a wonderful site.

The Crazy Coxes said...

I JUST got here! You can't cut me off now! ;)
My little brother and his family have been living in London the last 9 months. They have loved it! I'm sure Macy is having a fabulous time!

Kylie said...

You'd better not quit the blog Mamasita! haha! I was sooo happy when you let me know you'd updated! I love reading it, and I love hearing the sweet thoughts you have about life and your daughters...hehe! It is so special! I love you more than words can say!

Anne Marie Hyer said...

I totally check in on this "little piece of home" so please keep it going. I appreciated the reminder e-mail to come and look. And it was so fun to talk to you this morning. It felt like I was just around the corner and I loved it~