Friday, April 2, 2010

Kylie's National DanceSport Competition...March 11-13, 2010

Kylie competed in the National DanceSport Competition held at BYU. Here she is with her partner Seth Grover during one of their Open Latin dances.

Oh la la you two!

Rumba anyone?

Kylie and Seth...they competed in Rumba, Cha Cha, Samba and Paso Doble

Kylie and Seth have an awesome partnership and great chemistry when they dance

One of their latin poses

I love watching Kylie compete and I was tickled pink to be there in the Marriott Center for three days of competition...I am so proud of you Kylie!


Lovely Kylie and her Daddy

We were able to meet Seth's dad and sister (by the way, Seth is Emron's brother in case you notice a resemblance)

Kylie and her friend Alex...she brought Kylie flowers...so sweet

Kylie's standard partner Walter. They competed in Waltz and Quickstep

Kylie teaches a 5th grade ballroom class at Northridge Elementary School in Orem, Utah and her kids were competing at the Team Match at DanceSport

Kylie's students received the honor of the "Top Notch" Award.
They also each received gold medals.
It was so fun to watch her with her students...they love "Miss Kylie"
Her students with their gold medals and Top Notch Trophy

Miss Kylie and her kids

Kylie and her student Zach

Seth came to watch Kylie's students and was a great help to her...
Thanks Seth!

Kylie's dear friends Karson and Betsy had their daughter Izzy at DanceSport
Kylie babysits for Izzy and they are buddies!

Kylie and adorable Izzy

Kylie and her teaching mentor Cheryl


When we came out of the Marriott Center the first night this is what we saw...


Kylie's kids receiving their award



Kylie and Seth...keep watching and they will come closer to the camera

12 comments:

Kristy said...

Way to go Miss Bloggeria!! Fun times in the Marriott Center. Brad

Kylie said...

Fun post Mama...thanks! I hadn't seen all of those pictures! And thanks to you and dad for coming and supporting me! I always appreciate how supportive you are of me and all that I am passionate about. I love you more than words can say!

Unknown said...

i would love to see her dance some day! Great pics.

vocalise said...

VERY fun lot of photos. Super great experiences and memories. I can't remember now..but I spoke with Anne Marie yesterday and it seemed she told me she and her roomates were all going to see Kylie and her school kids doing something today......or maybe that was yesterday?!

Liz E said...

Kylie looked stunning. She is such an awesome gal. It is always fun to see her when we are both in town at the same time.

macy marie. said...

dang ky looks smokin hot. sad i missed it but i am sure she danced her heart out. thanks for sharing the photos and videos mama. love you.

p.s. i was looking through all the photos lately... you have some hot daughters. haha just saying ;)

Marilyn said...

So many great pictures, I loved them all. And I am so glad you included the dance. Fabulous. Who would have thought all these little girls would grow up to do such incredible things. I wish I could see her dance in person too.

vocalise said...

I just got around to watching the videos. She is SUCH a beautiful dancer. Truly. And, those kids walking up to accept their awards! Hahaha!

Denise said...

WOW!! Kylie looks so pretty. They dance so well together. I can't wait to see her dance at the dance festival next month.

The Crazy Coxes said...

Ohhhh....I love the costumes (and the trophy! Congratulations to Kylie!

Robin said...

Kylie, you look marvelous! What a cutie ! And such an adorable group of little munchkins you are teaching.... congratulations on that too!!! How cool to see you having sooooo much fun.
Love you lots and lots!

Agnes said...

Wow I'm so impressed with all the dances Kylie is doing! Teaching too! Nice work girl! And I'm happy that you could be there Kristy! How Fun!!!